15 July 2010

Finished!

So, I finished the orange and aqua quilt and I lurve it! The straight line quilting took fooooorever and it isn't perfect by any means (mostly because I haven't gotten around to purchasing a walking foot yet- for shame!) but I think that makes me love it even more... it really feels handmade and has a sort of organic vibe from the imperfections. I did the bobbin thread in orange so the back has a contrasting stitch that I am so in love with, I think that gives it a modern feel too. I'm gonna be so thrilled to give this away one day!

Anyway, on with the photos!!!






7 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow!! That is fantastic! Looks like it deserves a $200 pricetag and a spot on an Anthropologie shelf!

Cortney @ Box & Bay said...

Aww, Shannon! That is the best quilt compliment I've ever gotten! Anthropologie!?!? Swoon- wouldn't that be something? Thank you so much for your kind words! :)

lola said...

That quilt is gorgeous! Love, love, love!

Sunny said...

Love it!!!

navynest said...

Wow! That's amazing! If you sold those, I would totally buy one!

Cortney @ Box & Bay said...

navynest- thank you so much for that great compliment! If I ever start selling them, I will post them here first for you loyal readers! Or is you are reeeally interested, shoot me an e-mail if you want to start a conversation about me doing a custom one for you???

In any event, thanks again for the kind words!

And hey Hil Fish! THanks Lady! :p

liberal army wife said...

gorgeous... just lovely.