31 August 2008

Empty House.

Swiss left today. No Labor Day off at the college. In fact, he gets to do a PT test tomorrow morning. I am bummed. I love long weekends with Swiss... Shucks. But we did have a wonderful weekend. I always feel lucky to have him, to have met him... but we had the most romantical Saturday. It was a beautiful summer night, not too hot, not too humid. We went to dinner downtown... someplace new, enjoyed the wine and the food and the company, then we walked over to a little bistro for our favorite dessert and wine... we came home and made a fire (in the super swell firepit he surprised me with a few weeks ago!) and we wrote our wedding vows. I swear, I am the luckiest girl on this planet. And not a moment goes by that I don't know it.

But now the house is empty again. It is sometimes hard to fathom how the house I bought on my own, the house that was so homey and perfect with just me in it, now feels cold and cavernous with just me in it. It feels less like home without Swiss. And that sucks.

Anyway, I will spend my day off watching the Army Wives marathon and trying to hone my drawing skills (thanks to Swiss and him buying me loads of art supplies and books and everything I could ever need to be a happy artist- he's the BEST!).

Have a great Labor Day internets!

No comments: