01 May 2009

Give me your Money!

Okay, not ME. Give THEM your money. And by THEM I mean military kids. Sounds like a better idea now, right?

Anyway, check out this post at LeftFace (Great work LopsidedMom!) and then go here: Donors Choose. Stephen Colbert is wicked awesome and I am super stoked that he is championing this cause. I donated to a high school at LeJeune... mini-computers for field work and environmental testing. That is the coolest part, you get to pick the Service Branch you want to support (Go Army!) and then you get to pick the specific project you want to donate to. And all of them help military kids. Wicked cool.

So go give a little money that will really help, so support the military by supporting their kids. And like Mr. Colbert, I too believe the children are our future, so let's start sucking up to them now, okay? Thus ending this PSA.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think this is super cool because you can donate any amount and can choose exactly where your money goes. I chose an artsy-fartsy program at a school in GA.
And I'll end this comment by saying...

GO AIR FORCE!!!

:-)

The Army Wife said...

I love that you said "Go Army" but totally donated to a Marine Base High School :)

Cortney @ Box & Bay said...

I know, but I donated under the Army's name... and there weren't any Army ones that I could find that were all nerdy and sciency so that is why I picked the LeJeune one. So it still counts as GO ARMY because it counts towards their tally. See, method to the madness! ;)

Anonymous said...

LOL, TAW, that's what I did too...but it stil counted under Navy. Man up!

Anonymous said...

I like the idea. We are financially not able to donate, its hard enough supporting my own. But its nice to see that Military kids ( and a lot of Military families are in our situation) get some help.