05 May 2009

Touch.


Day 68 :: touch, originally uploaded by Meredith_Farmer.

This is one of those days when all I can think about is his touch. And not in an X-rated, dirty way... I crave the simplest, most banal, everyday touches. I miss the way my feet find their way under his legs when we sit on the couch. I miss the way he always reaches out to hold my hand. I miss how my hand always finds his leg when we sit next to one another. I miss his hand on the back of my neck. I miss curling up behind him in the middle of the night. I miss his forehead against mine. But mostly I miss his arms around me. I miss how safe and loved I feel when I am in his arms, how all the bad things melt away and how I can feel what we share, what our relationship is all about. And I would do anything just to feel his arms around me right now. Even for just one minute. Sigh.

5 more months.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I so remember this feeling when J was deployed. This is how pitiful I was: I would purposely schedule haircuts at an stupidly expensive shi shi salon because the stylists gave scalp massages when they washed your hair. It was the only (legal, moral) way I could get human contact while J was gone.
Desperate times and all that...
Thinking of you.

Kanani said...

Ah, honey.
Sorry, my dear....