22 January 2010

Karma, you are such a bitch!

No sooner did I flaunt how awesome my Mac is compared to my husband's PC... it decided to take a crap after I installed some updates. Seriously. The sucker will not boot up. Dead as a doornail.

So, the good news is that I got Swiss's PC set up in one helluva a hurry (cross it off the list!) and am back online. The other good news is that I religiously use Mac's TimeMachine for backups to an external hard drive, so all my goodies are in tact and undamaged.

I suspect that, since we are 5ish years in, this is the death knell of my dear iMac. Looks like a new one is in our future sooner than I had planned. Ah well, at least we have the PC (may I never dis you like that again) for now and I'm back online.

Karma: I learned my lesson and I apologize profusely. Now please leave me alone. Kthxbai!

No comments: