13 July 2009

Offer. Counter-offer.

So, the weekend was awesome and the wedding festivities were fantastic. But I have photos to upload, so that will be a post for later. However, I can share this, no photos needed: We got an offer on the house. On Friday.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Okay, okay, I had to take a deep breath too, because it was almost insultingly low for the house not even being on the market 24 hours. And they MUST move in by the 4th of August. Ha! The PPSO folks at our nearest base recommended at least 3 weeks to get things moving. That would be today. Ha hahahahahah. I'm thinking this one ain't gonna pan out.

We have counter offered twice, the last one will be my final offer. We are right around the "magic number" that will possibly prevent us from having to pay that $3000 at closing and with all the hoops I'd have to jump through to close and get moved and get organized with the PPSO folks I think our counter offer is reasonable. I'm just taking all of this as a good sign that there is interest in the house. My realtor is hosting a realtor only open house tomorrow, so fingers crossed that there is more interest coming. Or that this buyer comes to his senses and accepts our counter.

Now, I'm off to find out what the monthly rates will be at the extended stay hotels around here! Have a great Monday everyone!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow. That was fast. Good sign I think.
Maybe the realtor open house will result in higher offers for you.

Meghan said...

Awesome news! Hopefully there will be more to come!

liberal army wife said...

I had one of those. The offer was EXACTLY what we owed (public knowledge??) the bank and waaaay below the listed price. When we countered - crickets....

LAW