20 March 2009

10 things...

So I got sucked into VH1's 100 Greatest Songs of the 90's tonight before all the March Madness began. Man, we had some great tunes to grow up to. Seriously.

Anyway, that inspired this 10 things, it is the song version: My 10 favoritest songs. Ever. (Which started out as 15 because I am waaaay too sentimental. Hey, at least I was able to reign it in, right?) Oh, and these are in a loose top 10 order... but number 1 is solid... That song will always be number 1 in my heart.

1. "One" - U2
I think this may be the best, most beautiful, soulful song ever written and performed. Perfection.
2. "Lost!/Lost?" - Coldplay
A beautiful song with great lyrics and done in two ways, what more could you ask for? I heart you Coldplay.
3. "Omaha" - Counting Crows
Ugh, having to pick one Crows song... but this one found its way into my heart in 8th grade and never left. I'm still not sick of it. And please, go see this band in concert, they are amazing.
4. "Breathe" - Sia
This song is so haunting and ethereal and even though it is sad, I can't get enough.
5. "Angel of Harlem" - U2
I still remember the very first time I heard this song and truly fell in love with U2. It will always be a favorite.
6. "What Can I Say?" - Brandi Carlyle
She is one of my absolute favorite artists. Too few have heard of her and all of her music is raw and I love her singer-songwriter style. Please, please check her out and buy her albums so she keeps making amazing music. I adore her. And I adore this song. Oh, and her music always hits exactly the right emotional chord with me, she can make me cry with alarming precision.
7. "Le Belle et le Bad Boy" - Mc Solaar
If you are a Sex and the City fan you will recognize this one, but there is something about it, maybe the images that I have linked to it from the show, but there is such a great story there and even in French you can appreciate it and get caught up in it.
8. "Strong Enough" - Sheryl Crow
I always loved this song, it is so honest and the melody is simply beautiful. And then I met someone who was strong enough and it got even better.
9. "Sweet Child 'O Mine" - Guns 'n Roses
I do love me some GnR, and this one is the best. Great guitar (oh Slash, how oddly wonderful you are) and I can't help but sing along every time it is on- at the top of my lungs- and do the Axl sway with the microphone stand. You know what I am talking about.
10. "That's How Strong my Love is" - Otis Redding
So sentimental, we played this at our wedding. It makes me all mushy inside... so sweet and sentimental and romantic. What's not to love? (All I could find for clips are covers, but you still get the gist of it.)

Now that I have spilled my musical beans (that sounds like there should be a fart joke somewhere in there), what are your favorites? Please share!!!

No comments: